Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day!

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Canada day! Wherever you are there are celebrations going on - that's what's so wonderful about this great country! Everyone is so proud - today, it's a coast to coast party - join in on the fun!

We're going to be exploring a bit of the city to see what's going on and perhaps going to Regina this afternoon to watch the Riders game. We'll see how the day goes.

Canada Day has taken quite a nostalgic turn for me since I moved away from Ottawa. This day used to be such a HUGE deal - planned weeks and weeks in advance. Now, we take 'er easy, sleep in, make breakfast then text around to see what's going on. My friend called me from Ottawa this morning. She was on her way to the downtown celebrations and I had a little "I miss home!" moment. We were also supposed to visit Maggie and Marc in Winnipeg this year but, sadly, my new job schedule didn't permit.

Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing a part of me will always be linked somehow with the celebrations in the Capital on this day. I think every Canadian has a special spring in their step today, not only because it's a Statutory Holiday but because it's a special one where everywhere we look - there's someone having a great time for a great reason.

I miss Ottawa. I miss my friends. Le sigh.

1 comment:

Janny A. said...

(Sorry if this offends any residents of La Belle Province, but it's true!)

Sadly, not every resident of Canada was happy and excited for other reasons than the Stat Holiday. Went to Aylmer to see some friends, and I was the only person proudly wearing anything of the Red and White variety :( I even got a few stares for my Team Canada hockey jersey...

And yes, you were missed! I swear, Canada Day is not the same without you and Maggie here :(

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails