Monday, July 12, 2010

Fantastic Sunset

The Saskatchewan skies have to be one of my top favorite things I discovered since moving here. You can try to describe it to people but you can't quite "get it" until you've seen it in all it's glory. Sure, like everything else, some days it's boring but we need those days or we'd get neck cramps.

Here are a couple of my favorites of the Saskatchewan skies.


 
The above were taken on July 1st, 2010 ... I love this country! I wish I'd seen the sunset early enough to be able to drive out and get a better shot without the row houses, hockey rink and shed but it was all over way too soon. The gorgeousness was, of course, followed by a monstrous storm.


 

Alright, not gonna lie - this one's from Manitoba taken this last Thanksgiving Weekend out in the quarry by our friend's house. The day was gorgeous - cold but friends and puppy love filled the air. Hi Js!


On the way to Moose Jaw from Saskatoon taken in Buffalo Pound Park on June 18th 2010.


I just love the contrast between the sky and the field in this photo taken somewhere between Regina and Moose Jaw by Rouleau (Dog River) on June 20th 2010.

I really wish I had my camera with me all the time to take random pictures of the sky - it's so unpredictable, I think that's a huge part of what makes it so fascinating. 

2 comments:

Meesh said...

OUH! I love that last one!

Danielle said...

Gorgeous! I'm totally jealous! All I ever see is concrete haha

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails