Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gardening Pride

Someone clicked "More please!" to my last gardening post and, of course, I took that as a : Please, oh please, may we please read more about your wonderful gardening skills, oh Garden Master! Teach us!

Yes. Yes you may, Grass Hopper.

Everything seems to be growing and it looks like I managed to, somehow, coordinate everything so that there's almost always something in bloom. When the tulips were blown away, a couple days later the lilies came (left). The lilies will probably fade by next week and by then, there should be something blooming from that thing I planted late. There's a wee bud. I checked, it's true.

As you can also tell by the photo above the Denial Grass is doing quite well. Js has started to try and rip it out of the ground to prove to me that it's grass. I ignore him and his plan to sabotage my beautiful garden. He's just jealous because he doesn't have pretty grass like mine.

Note to Grass Hopper : Do not, I repeat, do not throw out any bit of cardboard that comes with your carefully selected seedlings. You will forget what they are until they bloom. Doing so may, however, increase the high thrills of gardening if you're looking for a little rush.

While we're on this topic, I'd like to report that something is doing quite well in the pot with the Mighty Stickers of Doom.  

Long story short - Goo gone does nothing. There are stickers on each side of this flower pot I bought. It's spent 2 summers outside and the stickers are still there. You can see them in the picture, mocking me.

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails