Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wedding Update : Alterations are underway... finally!

Oh man, oh man, is it ever difficult to find a seamstress in this blessed town!

The store where I bought my dress don't offer the service - what's up with that?! - and they recommend someone who's all the way out in Regina. I picked up that woman's business card and called... and called... and left messages then promptly gave up. I don't want someone who's not going to return my calls trying to alter my dress. Kkthxbai.

Then a friend of ours was supposed to give me the contact info for the lady who did her gown a year ago or so. So I waited, waited, emailed then promptly gave up.

Then Js needed some pants to be hemmed - don't cringe, just pray - so I went in there with him and I saw the seamstress had a couple wedding gowns in the back so I asked and she said "Sure, just come by with it and I'll have a looksee." The place is old and raggedy and there are doilies, salmon colored carpets and their machines look like Singer assembled them himself.

She's the seamstress who does all the mess kits and all the alterations on uniforms for the entire base... she's a pretty busy woman but quite reliable me thinks. That also means she's quite busy. When I told her when I needed the dress for she said "I'm so happy I met you!" - I like her humor. She also went on and on about how men shouldn't design women's clothing... that's why they always needed alterations "No one has boobs like that!" She also went for a full-on grab of my left butt cheek. She was going for the frills under the skirt and just went *bam* palm first on my ass. So glamorous!

I hope she is truly magical because well... she's my last hope.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

She will be! You're going to look absolutely stunning, I'm sure!

Aaaaaaaand I get to personally be stunned! So stoked! :) :) :)

Erin said...

You'll look fab! I wish I was coming! =(

Ps- email me an address I can send a gift to. Merci!

Marie said...

Thanks my pretties!

Danielle : *gasps for air* ... *waves fists with excitement* ... SQUEE!

Erin : I wish you could be there too! *love* And yes, I totally forgot to send you my mailing addy but will do so right this minute... or when I'm done eating my sammich. :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails