Wednesday, April 7, 2010

CMS - One Year Strong

When I look back to March 2009 and how much time, energy, blood, sweat and tears I have poured into building the CMS Network there are only 1 thing comes to mind :

What the hell was I thinking?


I was thinking it would be easy. People would simply flow to the network, everyone would get along and a handful of Spouses would network and share information, thoughts and experiences. I was wrong. A whole mother load of them joined, a whole mother load of them keep coming and don't intend to stop any time soon. When you bring in 242 people, 242 different views and 242 strong individuals - sparks will fly. We have had some moments when we had to rethink our vision and amend our rules and guidelines to make sure everyone had the opportunity to make the most of our cyber-haven and it was all well worth it in the end.


I was thinking once I got things set up, I wouldn't need to spend as much time on development and building. Hi! I'm delusional. Nice to meet you!

When it's all said and done, I'm beyond happy with the outcome and all the good that has come out of CMS. What started as a not-much-to-it project to keep me entertained while Js was away has now evolved into a gigantic (in my eyes!) network for spouses from coast to coast.

Of course, I don't think I could have survived this long without the help of a wonderful team of dedicated ladies, the Mods. I know I'm rambling but everyone at CMS is so lucky to have you ladies out there keeping watch and making the network so great. Thanks for putting up with me and all the insanities that comes with working behind the scenes!

I know this post comes a tad late and we're actually One Year and One Month Strong at this point but I wanted to send out a special mention and so toot our little horn for just a little bit. Now that all the anniversary celebrations are finshing up, it's time to get started working on some more development and all the great ideas and projects we have in store for our second year!

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails