Monday, April 12, 2010

One step backward, Two steps down..

That's my attempt at a negative turn to the saying.

Lately, I feel like progress is like the dollar attached to a string... attached to a racing car.

My emotional and mental self is progressing at a turtle's pace. Considering I'm getting married in 4 months (eek!) that's not good. Don't get me wrong, I love Js with every ounce of my being. I'm the problem. I'm dead on the inside towards everything else (pets excluded - I love my pets!). Is that enough? Can I go on in life not living for anything else buy my spouse and my pets? My values are very dear to me and I wish they played a larger part in my life I wish I allowed myself the time for them to play a larger part in my life. I feel stagnant.

My professional and career-oriented self is dead but not gone. I still feel the need to pursue something that I value and something that I find real pleasure in doing... but I'm very limited and will continue to be for another couple of years I'm affraid. Who wants to hire, train and employ a person knowing full well that they will be leaving within the next couple of years? No one. That's who. I know I should shut it because I have a decent paying job - if only it was in a tolerable setting, it would be ideal. Sadly it is not and there is nothing I can do about it. Believe me, I've tried.

Hi! I'm Debbie Downer, it's Monday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

all you can do is keep trying... to get the eff out of there!!! :)
And I'll listen to you rant and rave because I've been there.
I ~TOLD~ Stacy that I was "one of the lucky ones", being laid off, and not stuck working for that blood sucking company!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails