Monday, April 26, 2010

It's my birthday and I won't cry unless I have to.

It was my birthday on Sunday and I didn't even shed a tear which is quite the feat considering my state of mind lately. It was a good weekend and it was also very exhausting.

Saturday we spent the whole day doing chores and getting groceries and enjoying the nice weather. I was supposed to nap to make sure I'd be able to make it through the evening but I didn't get a chance to. We had friends over for dinner and then more friends joined in later to hang out, drink and eat brownies. :) I was super happy about not having to make my own cake - my friend Lindsey made me some delicious brownies that were pretty much oozing with happiness. Mmmm!

Then yesterday was my actual birthday. I had a webcam date with my Aunt so I could open the gift she sent me and it turns out, my grand-ma, grand-pa and my Dad were there to surprise me! :) It was great to see them but didn't help with the whole "missing them" part. Js went to get me a Starbucks coffee and a Timmy's bagel. He had to entertain my OCDness, it was my birthday after all! ;) Plus he got me purty flowers so he wins.

He had to work for like 2 hours so I decided to go all crazy working on wedding invitations. He got home and we finished cutting and folding the first part. I'm quite impressed at the amount of work we were able to accomplish in one day! These babies have to be sent out by the end of the month *hopeful* to meet the deadline.

We had delicious Thai for supper and then we wanted to watch a movie but we were both exhausted and didn't want to commit to an hour long movie so we just watched some TV shows until I fell asleep. Roughly 20 minutes later. :)

Overall it was a good and pleasant day and I don't think getting older is so bad... yet!

1 comment:

Meesh said...

Happy Belated Bifday!!!!!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails