Sunday, January 31, 2010

One year later in TBS spirit ...

It's been a year, to the day since my last work day at The Body Shop. :(

A year ago, I packed up my things and left my little store behind. I had no idea what the world had in store for me and I was terrified.

In the past year, I have found out what it's like to be unemployed, I was reminded what it's like to be on the interviewee's side of the interview and I have learned a lot about myself.

I also realized how lucky I was do be able to do a job that I love for 3 years. I realized how much I grew and how important my career is to me. Even as I worked for TBS, my job was my job and that was that. Since I've left, I learned how much more it was to me.

As I sit here, many many kilometers away from home... I wonder where I'm headed career wise. How much longer my current job will hold me down.

PS: Hi, Whit! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how this feels. M keeps telling me I should go back to Home Depot (which was a job I LOVED, it just couldn't sustain me and my new education) until I find something "more permanent". It's tempting...

Maggie said...

How I'd like to find a job I remotely like.. :( Am with you... virtually Perkin'ing it up.. xox

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails