Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year - Same thoughts

2009 is gone. 2010 is here. A lot has changed over the last year but these past 3 days aren't all that spectacularly different from the last week. I get the whole "new beginnings" thing but I can't really say that I get all hyped up about it and expect things to change over night.

I've never really been one for saying "2009 is finally over, I can put the past behind me now and move forward." Before someone else brings it up, I'll say that I have never really been able to put the past behind me within 24hrs - so that's a no-g0. Call me Debbie-Downer but it's just a date. "October is over now, I can finally move on!!" doesn't have nearly as much wow-factor but is just as logical.

I'm all for change and evolution so the new year is as good a time as any to think about what you want 2010 to be.

I'm hoping to focus more on "today" instead of living for tomorrow (thanks, CF!) as I did before. I'm also looking to develop some ideas and bring to life some projects that have been marinating in my head for quite some time. Hopefully, I'll be able to feel healthier too, physically and mentally. I'm also going to work really hard at staying motivated and feeling passionate again in work, love and life.

This isn't much of a resolutions list - more of a list of hopes for the next 52 weeks. I have no way to measure my efforts but to blog them on here - prepare yourselves. :)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm with you, chica!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails