Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Living on Base in the Springtime

Today, I was reminded how I enjoy living on Base.

It's not always sunshine and roses because it's kind of like a small town, but there are good days that make up for it. Much unlike small town life - from my experience anyways.

I came home from lunch today and my neighbor from across the street offered to walk with me back to work because she needed to stop at the Canex on the way. Yay for short walks with friends on a sunny Spring day! During our walk, she informed me that Js had invited them for dinner - we're making BBQ steak it seems. Right on!

Cut to 4pm. I'm walking home from work today, snapping pictures at the Snowbirds flying over my head (from outside the restricted area, of course) and I see my friend sitting on someone's little front porch thing, sipping a glass of wine. She invites me over and we start talking. She introduces me to her friend who's front porch we're sitting on and tells me it's her birthday. Next thing I know, I have a wine glass in hand - delicious rosé - and we're chit-chatting about this, that and the other thing.

Another friend of ours drives by, pulls up in the driveway and yells out to reminds/invites us of/to a dinner on Thursday night.

Welcome to Bushell Park, Spring!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww! That sounds lovely.

Today, upon returning home and unloading my spoils, my neighbours' spouse was being dropped off from work and yelled a greeting across the road, asking me how edmonton was. I said it was great, and I hauled a huge Ikea box from my car. He got fake-upset that I got to go to Ikea, and then from nowhere, my other neighbour pops her head up over her car and yelled, "Ikea!? Where!?" I told her Edmonton, and she mock cried.

Living on a base is good, sometimes... Kinda like living in residence...

Marie said...

Funny how non-standard-size furniture, allen keys and poorly written instruction manuals can make people so jealous! Haha!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails