Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Call me Dizzy McPain

Over the last couple of days, I've been feeling very dizzy and achy. Migraines galore. Last Friday was the worst. We had Chinese take-out at our friends' and watched a movie and all was great. When we got home, I couldn't even stand straight and went straight to bed. I wanted to hurl, I was so nauseous. I couldn't even open my eyes because everything was spinning uncontrollably.

Yesterday, my coworker said she had something similar last year and it was all due to an ear infection. In the afternoon, I had to hold on to my desk to keep my butt firmly secured on my chair. I had a hard time getting to and from the copy machine but powered through the day just because I had so much stuff to do.

Near the end of the work day, I emailed my boss and told her I'd be visiting a doctor this morning if things didn't get better. Well it didn't and the very nice Doctor at the walk in clinic said I have an ear infection and a pretty good one at that.

I've got drops and antibiotics and I'm off work until Friday. It's bittersweet really. I'm all for getting the time off work - but that means I'll have a shite load of stuff to do when I get back on Monday AND I'm so dizzy, I can't even use my days to do anything but lay there and try to stand on my feet.

I can't do anything too physical because I never know when I'll smack my face on the ground and I can't stare in one place for too long because I get a headache from trying to focus. Lovely.

I just hope this all goes away by this weekend and we can have a semi-normal valentine's day celebration. :(

No comments:

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails