Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lost Update : Still Lost

I have to admit I was a tad underwhelmed after watching this week's episode "What Kate does". Yeah, yeah, yeah, she runs - we know.

It did take me (and Nick - as per our lengthy conversation) back to the show's beginning when we were all still learning about characters and when the show was more about the Losties than the Island itself.

Reading Nick's attempts to figure what it's all about made me realize that :

a) It's really the beginning of the end. If we start to understand what the crap's going on, it means it's almost over. :( *lone tear*

b) It started as a show about a bunch of exceptional strangers who landed on this random island. Now (to the untrained eye) it looks like a bunch of random people landed on an exceptional island.

So when we're looking for answers... what are we looking for?
The most mysterious part of that show is that blessed island and everything that's on it. That's what keeps us looking for answers - keeps us digging (and begging!) for more.

What if we start looking at the people?
Why them? Why were they chosen or attracted to the island? What makes them so special that they've survived a plane crash (some 2, some 3!) and living in the jungle with a bunch of crazies with guns.
What if the island is only a vessel or simply, like Nick pointed out, the board to a very very diabolical game.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I love Lost....its the only show I have to watch every week when its on...
I too am sad that it is ending but at the same time glad they did not try and drag it out for too many yrs. But I dont think they will leave us with all the answers, I think there are going to leave Us hanging with one realy big finial Question.

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails