Friday, February 26, 2010

Mornings - I does not heart them.

After 3 long weeks of fighting off this inner ear infection, I'm scheduled to go back to work on Monday and I'm less than thrilled.

I'm not looking forward to the GIANT pile that will have accumulated over the last 3 weeks and the tsunami of emails and phone messages that await.

I think the worst part of it all and what makes me dread Monday the most is waking up early. I am NOT a morning person. At all. You know, some people say that when you enter adulthood, this inner clock appears and you feel you need to wake up early to accomplish things... yeah... I don't have said clock.

I could go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 10am for the rest of my life and be perfectly content. Sure, I could wake up at 8am to "make more of my day" but I can't even being to think about functioning normally anytime before 9am so that'd be a waste of everyone's time and most importantly, precious sleep.

I can snooze for hours. No exaggeration there. Ask anyone who's ever lived with me. I will set my alarm early and then snooze until I have about 20 minutes to get ready. I don't know why I do it and I don't enjoy it, I just can't get up in the morning.

I don't normally eat breakfast and I know that sucks but I've been able to work around that over the years. I buy stuff I can eat on my way to work or I'll have coffee when I get into work and run on that energy until lunch time. Between snoozes, I normally plan out what I'm going to wear and where the clothes are in the room. Shirt in drawer. Pants in closet. Bra on floor. Got it! When that last possible snooze comes along, I just slap it until it stops and crawl out of bed, go do my thing in the washroom, shower, get dressed, brush my teeth/hair and run downstairs. 20 minutes and I'm out the door trying to remember if I turned of my flattening iron.

Such is a morning in my life.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I don't have that morning clock either. It never clicked in, and I don't think it ever will. I hate mornings more than I hate anything, and I don't think there will ever be a time in my life when I can accomplish anything before 10 am.

Meesh said...

I start work at 7 now with the new job - ew. BUT the bomus is, if i leave at 7, it only takes me 15 minutes to get here ... AND I'm the first one in, so suuuure I was here at 7 .... surreeee. This Monday was tough rolling out of bed - I feel your pain

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails