Friday, February 26, 2010

Lappy down! Lappy down!

My Lappy is out of commission, again.

I was quietly surfing the interwebz late last night, chatting the night away with Whit and trying to find songs for the wedding when *boom* - Lappy decides he's had enough of viruses and the like.

He lost a battle, hopefully not his last because I really can't afford a new one right now. Sigh.

I like to think of myself as a good web-surfer. I don't download random crap, I don't remember the last time I downloaded a program or anything. I download all my music on iTunes and pay for it like a loser. I don't open any cutesie-attachments to "find out who my true love is" or any of that crap and I don't even open the "Forward this if you're a true friend - I'll know if I don't get it back" shite, it goes straight to the bin as I'm fully aware they are the diseased whore of cyberspace.

Alas, I still get some crap because my anti-virus was outdated and all that jazz. Ugh! My old PC lasted me 6 years without even giving thought to anti-virus protection.

Js is going to see if any salvaging can be done.
Until then, I'll be using his 'puter and I *hate* his keyboard.
I am a ray of sunshine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

poor lappy :(
I run a mac... I don't have antivirus stuff, cause something like 93% of viruses are PC based. Woot! go mac!

Marie said...

I'm thinking of getting a Mac for my next lappy.

I'm also hoping that I won't need to get a new one for another couple years. :o/

Maggie said...

Marc's bro mentionned that most viruses are made to attack anti-virus software... And if you don't "always" have the latest updated version, it's better to have none. Since buying our last compy some 2 years ago, we've decided not to use an anti-virus (other than the one who automatically checks emails from the websites) and are still running strong.. *touches wood*.. I think it makes lots of sense.. ;)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails