Thursday, February 25, 2010

Update : Not much to report

Well... that's not entirely true. Some stuff's happened but nothing to write home about - sadly. I've been keeping busy like you wouldn't believe.

My ear infection is almost gone which means I should be back full force by this weekend. My new antibiotics make me feel like a giant bag of sleepy potatoes and I honestly say I haven't poked my nose outside since Tuesday evening. I'm supposed to stay inside as much as possible because the the wind and all affecting my ear. I'd be quite pale if it weren't for all the catch-up work I've been doing online.

Friends wise, things have been sorta busy too. My friend/neighbor's had her baby. We were expecting her to give birth yesterday and to visit her last night but she hadn't had the baby yet and we just heard back from them today to announce the good news. We'd already made plans to have dinner with friends (I made my famous tacos - yum!) so we couldn't make it for the visiting hours. A friend told me she was expected to come home tomorrow during the day so hopefully we can meet little Miley tomorrow. I'll try and post some pictures and promise not to go baby-crazy just yet. Another one of my friends' husband is posted to Ottawa (*jealous*) and it's like rippin' off a band-aid (which is good for me) so she'll be gone in 2 weeks! 2 weeks - that's crazy! We're trying to make plans for drinks or coffee before then but who knows if we'll have enough time. It would really really suck if we didn't get together but that's the way life goes it seems. I'm UBER sad to see her go but also glad she'll be able to attend our wedding! She's thrilled about her posting and so is her entire family - they deserve it.

As for work, I'm torn. I know I'm not technically allowed to post about where I work, what I do and how I feel about it all but it's quite hard. I think not being able to voice how I feel about it is a large part of my ... dissatisfaction. I'm normally very passionate about my work - it takes up a huge chunk of my life and that's how I like it. Having it be such a ... peculiar environment and being so ... detrimental to my mental and physical health is really affecting me. I've been off work due to this damn ear infection for 3 weeks and all my other stress related symptoms/conditions have suddenly disappeared regardless of increased financial stress. (Technically, I'm not talking about work - I'm talking about my feelings towards my work environment - so sue me!) So, yeah, it's been a tricky spot to be in and I have to make a decision and get my ducks in a row as far as what matters most to me - financial stability and independence or happiness.

That's about as much as I've got to update. Everything is still pretty much the same as it was, only a couple days later.

3 comments:

Karen said...

So... if you're still working at the place I think you work at, which is the place I used to work at before we got posted to Kingston... as much as financial happiness is great - since I no longer work there, I've been healthier and happier (a little bit poorer) but not stressed in anyway. I hope things start to look brighter for you. :)

Karen

E. said...

I worked in a ridiculously stressful job for three years (with the typical swan song of being insanely overworked and absurdly underpaid). I knew it was bad, but felt I couldn’t leave one job without another…so I stuck it out as long as I could (and way longer than I probably should have, but I kept thinking it would get better). I didn’t realize how bad it was until I finally “broke free” almost a year ago, in April 2009. I find it interesting that since I left they’ve hired FOUR people to do what I was responsible for. It wasn’t until I left that I realized just how much of a negative impact the job had on my life.

I’m sure there’s other work available somewhere, so I’m pushing lots of good vibes your way hoping you find it!

Unknown said...

I wrote about the place, by name... where did you see this that were not allowed to blog about it? The confidentiality agreement just talks about not discussing particular cases and giving out details, right?
That said... LEAVE THERE NOWWWWWW!!!!
Unemployment is better than that shit job!

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails