Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nova : 1 - Fence : 0

So Nova decided that her backyard lead wasn't long/sturdy enough for her anymore so she pulled and tugged and chewed until she was free. She comes back into the house after a short pee and runs right past me, 5 feet of lead trailing behind her.

We grumpily get into the car to go get a new one at Wal-Mart. It's sturdier and long enough so we can tie her to the side of the fence and she can roam about everywhere in our backyard as she pleases. No longer restrained to her usual area, Nova is overjoyed. Our fence is not.

She actually pulled a whole chunk of the fence straight off and dragged it around as she sniffed about the backyard.

I open the door to let her back in and didn't notice the fence right away. I see that she's all the way at the end of the yard, rolling around in a patch of snow crazily happy. I call her and she comes running to me and as she does so I think "Huh... I didn't know it was THAT long..." She zooms right by me again and I start pulling on the lead and what do I see, slowly making it's way towards me from across the yard?! A chunk of fence.



Nova weighs just about 50 pounds and she is not even a little bit destructive. I don't think she needed to pull that hard to get the fence to come apart but we did get quite the chuckle out of it. :)

As far as CFHA is concerned, it was like that when we got it.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh, thy heart must beam with pride! ;)

Marie said...

It sure does! :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails