Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wedding Stuff : Themes are a no-go.

If one more person asks me what our wedding theme is, I'm going to cut someone.

We really don't see the need to have themed wedding. Sure, it may be great for other people and it's got it's own style and charm - just not for us. Why would we go and make the wedding about something else than us? We're doing all this to celebrate our love with our family and friends, why make it more complicated than it really is!?

No paper plates or printed napkins needed. I decided to start telling people that our theme was "Js and Marie are getting married!" and they kept asking if we'd have mermaids and airplanes everywhere. Are you kidding me?!

We don't have a theme and don't intend to have one.
Whatever works and looks "us" passes the test. If we like/want something, we add it to the pile and it's over and done with. No matchy-matchy and no unnecessary fla-flas.

We don't have a specific color scheme and don't intend to have one.
We have two basic colors we picked out. A beigey-mocha-esque color and warm-blues. How specific, I know! We don't want to limit everything to the same shade of dull. I don't want to stand in a store for hours going : I really like this thing but it's not the perfect color. There is no perfect color - only colors that go and colors that don't go (ie: red).

4 comments:

Meesh said...

a-men!

Maggie said...

Bahahahaha, frustrated much? Who is bugging you this time?! ;)

Unknown said...

Mermaids and airplanes? I get the airplanes, but is there something of your heritage that you're not telling me Marie!??! :D

Marie said...

Meesh: Thanks! :)
Maggie: My aunt, of all people. She's doing it out of the goodness of her heart but it's driving me slightly batty.
esphixiet : I heart The Little Mermaid. It's kind of shameful but what can ya do! :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails