Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I like my coffee with a bit of warm crazy

Last night, I was having a conversation with a friend of mine and she asked me "How do you like your coffee?"

A normal person would be able to come up with a straight and relatively simple answer within seconds. I am not normal. I instantly knew exactly how I like my coffee... but the answer was far from simple.

Early morning, when I'm at home I like it with a bit of milk and sugar. I don't like heavy cream in the morning and I don't want too much milk because it makes it too cold too quick. I don't want too much sugar either, I enjoy sweets more later in the day.

At Starbucks or Second Cup, I like the raw sugar and milk - just because they have some and it's delicious. If the coffee's too strong or too bold, then I'll have cream instead. At Timmies, it's usually double-double. Unless we're in for a long car ride, then I'll take one cream, one sugar.

At work I'll have 2 sugars and one milk. It takes me ages to drink my coffee at work so a bit more sugar makes it taste better longer. Most time we have that coffee whitener thingy so I got used to not using a lot.

If I have a coffee after dinner or around dinner time at home I'll take it with just sugar - not quite sure why. If we're at the restaurant though, I'll add a milk in there.

Lattes are a whole other story but generally, skim milk - half sweet - no foam works best. Tea lattes are delicious with soy, no foam.

Yes, I'm OCD - mostly on little things like ordering coffee, organizing hair clips and other such random details.

I found a man who's learned to deal with it all - doesn't understand it, but puts up with it, bless his little soul.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny that this insanity was spawned by such a simple question, which was originally meant as a joke ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXTyLAymlVE

Meesh said...

I always answer : Crisp ...

Lame, I know - and I'm no Jane Rivers - but I can't help it! Everytime ....

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails