Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Night Musings

I'm watching last year's chick flicks on W, vaccumming and doing the dishes.
I've also considered reorganizing the entrance closet but I'll save that for later I think.

Yep, I'm lame.

Js is coming back from Montreal tomorrow and it's not one moment too soon! I enjoyed my time alone and I'm sure he had a great time visiting family and friends but one week is well enough, I think. Especially with my ear infection and sporadic spinning fits, it hasn't been easy taking care of the dog and doing everything I planned to. I've been off work since Tuesday, Dr's orders, so it's been a long week of napping, spinning, olympic-watching and online-procrastinating. Pure bliss? Strangely so.

It's been a while since I've spent this much time at home. I haven't taken any vacation time for myself or been off work for health reasons for this long before. Right now I'm well enough that I can function at home but not quite sure how I'll be able to funtion at work on Monday. I sort of felt like I did before I started working ; I felt more motivated to do the things I like and I had more energy to do them that normal even though I was groggy from the medication and most times couldn't even stand straight.

I think that says a lot about how I feel towards my job right now. Drained. Every other aspect of my life that's been sucky lately has been wonderfull over the last 2 weeks. Coincidence, I think not!

What am I going to do about it?! Not much I can do right now. I need a plan.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep.. this Saturday night was spent cleaning hte kitchen... what thrilling lives we do lead ;)

Danielle said...

Aww hon! Feel better!

Karen said...

I hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear that work sucks. Hope you had a good day back yesterday.

-Karen-

E. said...

Oh my lord. I stumbled on your page while I was on the Canadian Military Spouce website. I was actually there looking for someone (anyone!) who lives in Moose Jaw for a friend of mine who is moving there this fall (husband is Air Force). I sent her your blog. I'm actually based in Halifax. But I just had to let you know that I love your blog. I love your writing style. Awesome. Totally seriously wish you were based here.

Marie said...

esphixiet : If you'd move to MJ, we could clean our kitchens together, save some time and then go drinking! So you're moving now, yes?

Danielle and Kari : Thanks ladies! <3

E. : You're too funny! Thanks for sharing the link and I'm sure we'll talk soon on CMS. Cheers! :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails