Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's day to all the proud moms out there!

Mother's day is not only a special day to take mom out for dinner but it's a special day when Moms can proudly show their Mom status without any reservation. I love this photo and I feel it represents well the type of mom-pride I'm talking about.

It's my mom and my best friend's mom, taking pictures of us caught on camera. Just look at their faces! You can tell right away that they are moms taking pictures of their kids... even though we were in our twenties. I'm pretty sure this same scenario played when we left for summer camp or on our high school graduation - actually I know it did.

Here's to moms all over the world, may you show your mom-pride to your hearts content today and every day of the year!

Spending mother's day 3000kms away from my mom is not ideal but we learn to make the most of it.

Last year, I created a little video to one of her favorite songs of a ton of family photos, pics of her and I and her and my dad. It was good for both of us because it allowed me to go down memory lane and hunt for all the best shots and also for her to show it off to all her friends because I posted it on YouTube for a short while. I had to remove it in case curious eyes lingered - there were photos in there of our wedding gown shopping adventures. I sent it to her on a CD she can watch in any DVD player or on any computer so needless to say, she's shown it to everyone.

This year, with a tighter budget than usual due to the wedding and my non-work-ness, I sent her a home made card and I'll be sending her flowers on Thursday with a little note to say that she's just as special any day of the week. :)

I'm lucky to have my mom!

2 comments:

Janny A. said...

Aw, *like* :)
I SOOOO remember when that picture was taken! Fun times! :)

Marie said...

:) Teehee! Yes, so fun! :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails