Thursday, May 13, 2010

No-Eating-Out Dealio - PMSing is not cool. Ever.

I would step over a box of kitties to get a fry right now... with salt.

When I PMS, I get massive cravings for junk food (who doesn't?) and it's like my mind goes blank on all things that are not covered in salt or gravy. It's like in those cartoons when everyone turns into a walking turkey.

It's been especially difficult with our N0-Eating-Out dealio. I've tried to make some fries at home to kill the craving to no avail. Tonight it's burgers on the BBQ and nachos - let's hope it helps!

I'm trying to think of salty-junky style food we can make at home that will help sooth my need for greasy goodness.

On the menu over the next 14ish days :
- Fish and chips
- Mac and Cheese
- Poutine with real poutine sauce
- Chicken burgers

Any other suggestions or recipes are welcome! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

home popped popcorn (air popped), saturated in salt and REAL BUTTER should kick any salt cravings you have, that is if you like popcorn (which M doesn't)
Also... Isn't "poutine sauce" gravy?

Marie said...

Poutine sauce is NOT gravy. It's different. It's saltier and less runny and probably much much worst for you. :)

Janny A. said...

That was me yesterday actually! We ended up having Easy Mac (cause I find it better than the traditional KD) and Poutine (won't tell you what kind of cheese was on there, but will offer to send you some Express Post if you want ;) ). And wine... Lots of Wine ;)

Marie said...

We're making some home made pizza and poutine with "squeakers" cheese tomorrow and REAL St-Hub poutine sauce for Lost Night. Oh my!!

Thanks for the offer... I'll keep that in mind for sure!! :) (As long as it wasn't Louis', we're cool!)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails