Sunday, May 30, 2010

Oh Retail, how I've missed your ways!

So I finally got a new job. I interviewed for it 2 weeks ago and then accepted the position last week. It's retail management - I'll have staff that doesn't show up for work, out of whack inventory, cash registers that don't balance at the end of the night - all's right in the world again.

I don't want to disclose too much info about the job just yet because I'm not quite sure what the company policy is on that but I'm looking forward to something com-ple-te-ly new and challenging.

My first day was supposed to be on June 14, doing manager training in Saskatoon but I got a call from my DM this afternoon. I start on Wednesday. Yes, this Wednesday.

7 comments:

E. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new job!!

Danielle said...

Yay! Congrats babe!

Meesh said...

woohoo!!

Marie said...

Thanks everyone! :)

Lovely Lori said...

Yay Marie! I LOVE retail management! I have worked for 3 major retailers and I miss it ( especially the discounts!!! )

Good Luck!

Maggie said...

YAY! :) Well, you already know I'm yay-ing, but what they hey, you can't yay too much! ;) And oh my! Wednesday, that's a slap on the tush! My week's crazy, but I'll email as soon as I can or this weekend, but GO GET 'EM tomorrow! :) I'm so happy for you, and proud that you made the right choice for YOU! :) xoxoxox I adore you and miss you OH so freakin' much, you wouldn't believe.. xoxoxox

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails