Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sweating up a storm... lovely.

No, it's not super hot out here. The weather was shite all weekend and there was even rumor of frost last night. Today is a good day though. The sun is back but there's a chilly wind so it's all good.

*back to topic*

Today was my first day back at the gym since... oh... ages. I should know by now to start slowly and gradually increase the intensity of the workout. That's what a smart person would do. Hi, nice to meet you!

Plus, my allergies are totally messing up my sinuses like it's going out of style. Breathing shouldn't be this hard!!

So after 25 minutes of intense cardio, I stumbled to my friend's office to chat while I wait for Js to be done. Now we're home and I want to die. We have a community event to attend tonight and I really really just want to sleep. I guess it's just the post-work-out laze.

I need to go more regularly and me smarter about it all. I also need a work out partner that I don't mind sweating rivers in front of and looking like a damn fool. Oy, I miss Maggie.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Oyyyyyyy how I miss thy too! Seriously need to go the gym... but it seems I can't be bothered to find an ounce of energy after work, plus, I already feel like I come home late enough.. :S Excuses, excuses... (but they're good, aren't they?!)

Janny A. said...

If our work corporate Goodlife memberships ever kick in, I'll be going to the gym too soon and can only imagine how cruddy it can be alone :(

And we are also sweating ridonkulusly over here, and I kinda wish we weren't. Holy crazy heat wave!! And no, it's not good cause even I'M dying of heat and I never have that problem!!

Marie said...

The excuses are pretty legit, actually! You don't want to mess with your routine too much when you're starting a new job. When things get back to normal (do they ever?) then it'll be easier for you to plan around it.

I go to the gym on Base here and it's redonk cheep - like 70$ a year. I'd be nuts to go anywhere else!

I've found a "work-out from a distance" buddy. I'll be texting my friend Erin when I'm at the gym so I can be entertained AND look all important and like I have friends. Haha!

I've read about the heat wave back home on Facebook. My oh my! It's super cold out here. We actually cut Nova's walk short tonight because we were freezing our digits off.

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails