Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No-Eating-Out Dealio

In our efforts to save some money considering the upcoming wedding and my non-working for a month, we have made a deal with ourselves not to eat out at the restaurant at all for the whole month of May. Oh my, it won't be easy.

We're on day 5 now and so far things are going good. We're trying to stay positive and here's what we're doing to keep sane :

- We're keeping our weekly junk food nights but having frozen pizza or Qing up some burgers. This way, we're not craving junk food as we normally would if we cut it all out of our meal planning.

- Bringing some variety to the mix. Trying new recipes is *almost* as exciting as eating out.

- Making huge batches of freezer friendly foods for the lazy nights.

- Inviting friends over instead of meeting them at the restaurant.

With our action plan in mind, I'm sure we'll be able to stick to it. :)

4 comments:

Meesh said...

That's great!

Making huge batches of freezer friendly foods for the lazy nights.

That's the one I need to start doing, so handy!

Anonymous said...

Wow inspiring!! Eating out is my BIGGEST weakness ever!! Keep us updated on how you do throughout the month!

Unknown said...

Oh my god, after 5 days on the road (KILL ME) all we've done is eat out! It's so gross!!! But a part of me is very happy I don't have to cook or do dishes ;)

Marie said...

Thanks ladies! I posted a little progress report - it's not been easy but it's a bit easier than we anticipated thanks to our preparation. :)

I remember when we moved out here and we were waiting for our stuff to get here... nearly 2 weeks of take out, I wanted to hurl.

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails