Tuesday, May 25, 2010

No-Eating-Out dealio - DONUTS!

Js got a promotion today and - you guessed it - they served DONUTS and coffee!

I didn't clue in right away that this was restaurant food that I could actually stuff my face with. Glee!

I was good and only had one while all the important people were there. I think it was the best donut I've ever had my entire life. We got to take home some left overs and so far I have inhaled two with my post-dinner coffee.

I guess Timmie's donuts were never a luxury before and this whole dealio. It's making me realize how much of a treat resaurant food should be as opposed to a hobby or an easy way out of having to do the dishes. I guess you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get to that last Honey Dip before Js.

2 comments:

Janny A. said...

That is true eh? I remember when we used to go out to the resto with my parents and it was a HUGE deal, cause my parents never had much moolah for that stuff, but now, we just do that rather than groceries most of the time.

I think you've inspired me to try this in the next little while! Although, it will be hard with one of my coworkers and a few friends... What do you do if you're at a friend's house and they order in?

Marie said...

That's what I did when we were in Ottawa too... it was just so much simpler to pick up something on the way home. Also, I had the disposable income back then... now, not so much.
You should give it a try! Once you get into the habit, it's pretty easy!

Well, if we'd hang out with friends, we'd probably eat here first and then join them later. It hasn't happened but we'd ask if they are going to be ordering food. We'd just tell our friends that we're doing the no-restaurant stuff and offer to bring something for everyone like a desert we can make at home to pitch in our share.

Thanks for asking that question! I'll work on putting a post together to document the solutions we've had to come up with during the whole process. :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails