Saturday, May 8, 2010

No-Eating-Out Dealio - Week 1 down!

It wasn't easy to kick the habit of eating out but we're 1/4 of the way to our goal. Oh man!

This week was good because I was able to make a ton of food - I made a huge lasagna (even made a smaller batch for friends), banana bread with chocolate chunks, chicken fajitas and a whole ton of delicious stuff. Luckily, I'm off work right now so I had plenty of time to figure out meals and actually prepare them. I enjoy cooking and baking so I didn't have a problem with that.

Today it's the weekend and there isn't much to do. Js is a tad hungover, he had drinks with friends last night so he doesn't want to go anywhere. I'm itching to get out of the house though so we're trying to find inexpensive things to do in town. Normally, on a day like today, we'd do stuff around the house or take the dog to the park and then go somewhere for a nice dinner. No dice. Not this weekend - and not for the rest of the month. It's not going to be easy!

I would kill for lemon grass chicken vermicelli right now. Kill.

To top it all, our worst fear and biggest challenge we'd envisioned came true. Last year, we were ADDICTED to the Angry Whopper from Burker King. It's a limited time thing and they normally only have it during the summer. As we predicted, it's back this summer and we have to wait a WHOLE month to get one. Oh hell.


You'll know where to find us at 12:01am on June 1st. ;)

2 comments:

Janny A. said...

Sweetie, why don't you make some lemon grass chicken vermicelli? I'm sure there must be a recipe out there...
I have a feeling we'll have to jump on this band wagon soon, so I'm enjoying the updates! :)

Marie said...

I *could* make it, but then it wouldn't be quite the same. What I love about it is that I don't have to clean up after it, bother with making it or any of that kinda shite. ...and it's SO delicious at this little restaurant out here. *le sigh*

I'll keep you posted on our progress and the ways we come up with to avoid eating out. :)

LinkWithin3

Related Posts with Thumbnails